The OpenSDS Bali release completed December 19, 2018.
The Bali release adds the following functionality:
- Introduced management of multiple OpenStack deployments
- Multi-Cloud support
- S3 API support with AWS, Azure, Huawei Cloud, and local Ceph object store and Fusion Storage backends.
- Manual and basic policy based migration for AWS, Azure, Huawei Cloud, Ceph, and Fusion Storage.
- Dashboard UI interface has been broken out into separately installed component and integrated with multicloud support.
- Added ability to upload/download snapshot to/from cloud storage
- Updated support for the Container Storage Interface (CSI) v1.0 specification
- Added support to create snapshot and create volume from snapshot
- Added support for NodeStageVolume and NodeUnstageVolume.
- Support to provision replicated volumes using OpenSDS CSI plugin
- CSI plugin refactoring and FC support
- Southbound Fusion Storage and OceanStor V3/V5 volume drivers
- Integrated profiles properties definition and selector filtering.
- Support external volumes for VMs or baremetal.
- Add API support for AvailabilityZone.
- Installation with Helm (tested with LVM)
The OpenSDS controller (Hotpot), the north bound plugins (Sushi), the multiple cloud(Gelato),
the opensds dashboard and the installer can be downloaded from here: